GEOST seeks an enthusiastic and highly capable IT Systems Technician with experience in all phases of business network infrastructure, including needs analysis, architecture, design, implementation, test, deployment, documentation, and support. Recent experience with Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows Server operation is required. Familiarity with Cisco network equipment, cloud-based services, and RedHat Linux (or similar) is a plus.
GEOST is a small business founded in 2004 and is located on the northwest side of Tucson, Arizona with East Region offices out of Northern Virginia. GEOST specializes in active and passive optical remote-sensing and provides expertise in all phases of project development for electro-optics and sensors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues users encounter, to include managing and resolving help desk tickets.
- Administer and accurately update the helpdesk ticketing system.
- Train users in local area network administration and office productivity applications.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with service providers.
- Monitor systems daily, ensuring network stability and responding immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Create, verify, and manage backups of data, including scheduling, storage, and retrieval functions.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Install, test, and maintain network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals, and wiring.
- Work closely with internal and external entities to ensure adequate computing resources for desired business performance.
- Evaluate network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and make recommendations for improvements and procurement activities.
- Assist in development of budgetary requirements for equipment replacement.
- Install and test computer-related equipment.
- Facilitate new user onboarding, including setting up hardware/software and providing initial training.
- Coordinate third-party maintenance for network hardware, software, and telecommunication services.
- Perform analysis of network needs and contribute to the design of network architecture, integration, and installation.
- Manage time and resources effectively to meet assigned deadlines.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Network Security, or related field, or comparable relevant experience.
- An active US Government Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance. Current SSBI is preferred; please note if applicable.
- Experience with Active Directory (AD) Directory Service (DS).
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server 2016.
- Experience with Linux Administration.
- Experience with networking Cisco products (routers, switches, IOS, ASAs, etc.).
- Experience implementing and deploying multi-factor authentication, cryptography, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and related security technologies.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience with business IT infrastructure and hardware.
- Cisco, Juniper, or similar network engineering certifications (CCENT, CCT, CCDA, CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCDE, CCIE, etc.).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Certification (RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA, Cloud, DataCenter, etc.).
- IT Security certification (CISSP, Security+, or similar) or ability to obtain certification within six months of hiring.
- Experience with data storage management systems.
- Networking and TCP/IP experience.
- Familiarity with NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, and other relevant USG IT security standards.
- Experience implementing and deploying DoD Public Key Infrastructure (DoD-PKI) and related PKI infrastructure technologies.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Team player incorporating a team-based success philosophy.
- Experience performing and working in a dynamic and high-visibility role.
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight.
- Ability to contribute to the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of immediate supervisor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.