GEOST seeks an enthusiastic and highly capable Controller to be responsible for direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions. This role will provide Leadership and team members with timely, accurate financial and statistical information that is required to manage the business and achieve financial commitments.
GEOST is a rapidly growing business headquartered in Tucson, AZ, with east coast operations out of Herndon, VA. GEOST specializes in optical payloads and ground systems for missile warning, space domain awareness and protection, and ISR.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain accounting systems that comply with generally accepted accounting principles, tax requirements, and management reporting requirements.
- Provide technical expertise for current and future project-based accounting methodologies in accordance with ASC 606.
- Prepare, record, and review journal entries required to accurately reflect the monthly accounting of the company.
- Implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective internal controls.
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Reconcile all inter-company accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and related footnotes.
- Lead and manage all applicable audits and tax preparation, as required.
- Supervise payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, ensuring proper and timely billings for all milestones and deliveries in accordance with applicable contracts.
- Assist Program Managers in preparation of Estimate at Completions (EACs) and applicable Risks and Opportunities (R&O).
- Continually review close and reporting cycles to realize opportunities that reduce close cycle.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare the percentage of completion accounting for applicable projects.
- Produce accurate and timely financial information.
- Prepare Annual Operating Plan (AOP), quarterly forecasts, and applicable variance analysis.
- Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns, and inventory levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting or equivalent field.
- Minimum of five years of related Controller experience and/or training.
- Experience with project based and manufacturing accounting.
- Ability to work in a high energy, high volume, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of their work.
- Proficient at tackling complicated issues by evaluating information gathered and organizing to arrive at an outcome/proposed solution.
- Thorough and accurate when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Seasoned leader experienced in guiding teams by providing timely, constructive feedback and encouragement.
- Clear and effective communication skills in both written and spoken forms.
- Skillful at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Track record of providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical skills that ensure plans are made and executed made based on policies, rules, and organizational directives to solve emerging problems.
- Excellent decision maker that considers facts, goals, constraints, and risks with information gathered and analyzed.
- Commitment to confidentiality while processing and handling confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to recover quickly from setbacks and maintain professional composure.
- Superior degree of organization and ability to multitask despite frequent disruptions.
- Champion of culture who promotes and encourages team members’ participation to attain common and individual objectives.
- Expert leadership and management skills with a proven ability to coordinate employees, teams, and departments with different skills and backgrounds.
- Proven track record of identifying problems and reviewing relevant information to develop options followed by implementation of solutions.
- Ability to understand the organization’s strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors as well as an in-depth understanding of competitive products and services within the marketplace.
- Experienced with working effectively with different levels of management, team members and customers.
- Successful at earning trust, maintaining positive and professional relationships, and contributing to a culture of inclusion.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time.
- An active USG Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a Clearance. Current SSBI is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Previous work in both private and public accounting sectors preferred.
- Experience with Costpoint and/or UKG applications preferred.