GEOST seeks an enthusiastic and highly capable Senior IT Systems Administrator with experience in all phases of business network infrastructure, including needs analysis, architecture, design, implementation, test, deployment, documentation, and support. Recent experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019, Windows 10/11, and RedHat Enterprise Linux 7/8 (or similar) is required. Familiarity with cloud-based hosting services, VMware vCenter/ESXi, and Cisco IOS/IOS-XE routing and switching is a plus.
GEOST is a small business founded in 2004, with its headquarters located on the northwest side of Tucson, Arizona, as well as facilities located in Herndon-Reston, Virginia, area. This position will work out of the Tucson office. GEOST specializes in active and passive optical remote-sensing and provides expertise in all phases of project development for electro-optics and sensors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform analysis of network needs and contribute to design of network architecture, integration, and installation.
- Maintain network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals, and wiring.
- Monitor and resolve help desk tickets for end user support.
- Work with internal and external entities to ensure computer system platforms provide sufficient computing resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Evaluate network hardware and software requirements/capabilities and make recommendations to support improvement and procurement activities.
- Monitor systems in order to optimize performance and initiate recovery actions after system failures.
- Assist with the development of budgetary requirements for equipment replacement.
- Coordinate with security personnel to deploy, assess, and maintain high security assets.
- Provide support to and train users in local area network administration and use.
- Monitor and maintain network stability, collect and analyze network and memory utilization, and install and test software upgrades.
- Manage computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions.
- Coordinate third-party maintenance for network hardware, software, and telecommunication services.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with service providers.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Train users in the operations of office productivity applications.
- Effectively manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Network Security, or related field, or comparable relevant experience.
- Experience with Linux Administration.
- An active U.S. Government security clearance – current SSBI. Subject to counterintelligence (CI) polygraph within six months of hire.
- Experience with Active Directory (AD) Directory Services (DS).
- DoD 8570 compliant IT security certificate (IAT Level 2; CompTIA Security+, CCNA-Security, etc.) within six months of hire.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience with business IT infrastructure and hardware.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server 2016.
- Experience with networking Cisco products (routers, switches, IOS, ASAs, etc.).
- Experience implementing and deploying multi-factor authentication, cryptography, DoD Public Key Infrastructure (DoD-PKI), and related security technologies.
- Cisco, Juniper, or similar network engineering certifications (CCENT, CCT, CCDA, CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCDE, CCIE, etc.).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Certification (RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA, Cloud, DataCenter, etc.).
- VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF).
- Experience with data storage management systems.
- Networking and TCP/IP experience.
- Familiarity with NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, and other relevant USG IT security standards.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Team player incorporating a team-based success philosophy.
- Experience performing and working in a dynamic and high-visibility role.
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of immediate supervisor.