GEOST seeks an enthusiastic and highly capable Quality Technician to perform standardized product quality control checks that ensure compliance with program requirements and company standards for quality and safety without impeding production rates. Other duties may include maintenance of calibrated test equipment, preparation of test data, and identification of areas needing quality control improvement. Applicants should have a strong working knowledge of mathematical concepts, excellent visual awareness, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
GEOST is a rapidly growing business headquartered in Tucson, Arizona. GEOST specializes in active and passive optical remote-sensing and provides expertise in all phases of project development for electro-optics and sensors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect goods and products according to applicable quality, program, and safety standards.
- Develop and maintain company inspection reports.
- Ensure goods and products comply with program requirements, industry standards, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure test equipment is calibrated and fully functional; coordinate and document calibration activities.
- Collate test data and draft quality reports.
- Identify areas potentially needing quality control process improvement.
- Ensure production is not hindered by quality inspection and testing procedures.
- Perform activities to ensure company-wide compliance with Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards.
- Continuously improve processes and workflows for optimal efficiency and quality.
- Comprehensively document results and findings from inspection activities.
- Participate in quality audits, as required.
- Report quality-related anomalies to supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience as an Inspection or Quality Technician.
- Understanding of advanced mathematical concepts.
- High level of visual awareness.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Experience drafting reports and collating data.
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work as a member of a program team.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings (GD&T).
- Excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough, organized, and attentive to details.
- ASQ Quality Technician certification is preferred.
- Active U.S. Government Clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance. Current SSBI is preferred.