GEOST is a small business founded in 2004 with locations in Tucson, AZ and Northern Virginia. We are seeking a skilled and experienced Optical Communications Technical Fellow to work with our blended team of innovators that includes top scientists and engineers creating cutting-edge solutions to tomorrow’s problems. Our work focuses on the sweet spot between R&D and customer-serving solutions in the realm of terrestrial and space-based optical systems.
The Optical Communications Technical Fellow at GEOST will be responsible architecting GEOST laser communication programs and providing technical leadership to a team of scientists and engineers toward laser communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and integration of Free-Space Optical Communications capabilities into GEOST’s proven, ground-based, satellite-tracking telescope systems.
- Specify, purchase, and implement optical communication subsystem to include transmitter, receiver, and interfaces to enable Ground-to-Space communications.
- Work with pointing/tracking, atmospheric propagation scientists, and optical scientists to implement complete long range optical communication system.
- Support development of optical communication technology roadmap.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with communication equipment and protocol emphasis.
- 10+ years of experience with professional optical communication hardware, software, protocol definition, and related areas.
- An active US Government Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a Clearance. Current SSBI is preferred; please note if applicable.
- Experience in working with optical components, optical system design and related areas.
- Experience in atmospheric optical propagation phenomenology.