GEOST seeks an enthusiastic and highly capable Procurement Agent/Buyer to coordinate program/project purchases. This position will be responsible for initiating Requests for Quotes (RFQs), reviewing bids, selecting vendors, and managing subsequent purchase orders.
GEOST is a rapidly growing business headquartered in Tucson, AZ, with east coast operations in Northern Virginia. GEOST specializes in active and passive optical remote-sensing and provides expertise in all phases of project development for electro-optics and sensors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare Purchase Orders (PO) or Request for Quotes (RFQs)/Request for Prices (RQP) and obtain competitive bids from qualified suppliers.
- Evaluate bids to arrive at the best overall value.
- Maintain procurement records and review invoices for payment against POs for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure supplier performance meets all objectives of cost, schedule, and quality.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers.
- Support programs as a knowledge source for suppliers, policies, procedures, and compliance.
- Maintain auditable backup data and files.
- Confer with suppliers to obtain product/service information, pricing, availability, and delivery dates.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Perform self-assessment audits, reconcile areas of concern identified during audits, and support corrective action planning and process change implementation validation.
- Conduct physical inventories of property.
- Perform problem resolution and reconciliation activities.
- Review vendor/subcontractor control of property.
- Validate that assets are properly received and accurately identified/accounted for per procedure and regulatory mandates.
- Maintain auditable records of property located at the facility and at associated vendor/subcontractor facilities or other alternate sites.
- Develop and prepare internal and external reports pertaining to government property.
- Associate degree or high school diploma with a minimum of two to five years of relevant experience.
- An active US Government Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a Clearance. Current SSBI is preferred; please note if applicable.
- Direct experience in the management and/or administration of government property.
- DoD procurement experience and knowledge of FAR and DFAR.
- Experience with procuring and monitoring the status of long lead time materials and equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Thorough, organized, and attentive to details.
- Ability to effectively manage job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information, processes, and tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.