GEOST seeks an enthusiastic and highly capable IT Network Administrator with experience in all phases of business network infrastructure, including needs analysis, architecture, design, implementation, test, deployment, documentation, and support. Proficiency with Cisco IOS/IOS-XE routing and switching is required. Familiarity of third-party/open-source network firewalls (iptables based) and SD-WAN is desired. Recent experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019, Windows 10/11, and RedHat Enterprise Linux 7/8 (or similar) is a plus.
GEOST is a rapidly growing business headquartered in Tucson, Arizona. GEOST specializes in active and passive optical remote-sensing and provides expertise in all phases of project development for electro-optics and sensors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform analysis of network needs and contribute to design of network architecture, integration, and installation.
- Maintain network hardware and software, including routers, switches, wiring, and VPN infrastructure.
- Monitor and resolve help desk tickets for end user support.
- Work with internal and external entities to ensure network platforms provide sufficient resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Evaluate network hardware and software requirements/capabilities and make recommendations to support improvement and procurement activities.
- Monitor systems to optimize performance and initiate recovery actions after system failures.
- Assist with the development of budgetary requirements for equipment replacement.
- Coordinate with security personnel to deploy, assess, and maintain high security assets.
- Provide support to and train users in local area network administration and use.
- Monitor and maintain network stability, collect and analyze network and memory utilization, and install and test software upgrades.
- Manage computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions.
- Coordinate third-party maintenance for network hardware and software.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with service providers.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Audit configuration changes of all network equipment and maintain a security baseline.
- Effectively manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Network Security, or related field, or comparable relevant experience.
- Minimum of two to four years of experience with business IT infrastructure and hardware.
- Experience with Linux Administration.
- Experience with Windows Administration.
- DoD 8570 compliant IT security certificate (IAT Level 2; CompTIA Security+, CCNA-Security, etc.) within six months of hire.
- Proficiency with Cisco IOS/IOS-XE routing and switching.
- Networking and TCP/IP experience.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Team player incorporating a team-based success philosophy.
- Experience performing and working in a dynamic and high-visibility role.
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of immediate supervisor.
- An active U.S. Government security clearance – current SSBI. Subject to counterintelligence (CI) polygraph within six months of hiring.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, and related.
- Experience with networking Cisco products (routers, switches, IOS, ASAs, etc.).
- Experience implementing and deploying multi-factor authentication, cryptography, DoD Public Key Infrastructure (DoD-PKI), and related security technologies.
- Cisco, Juniper, or similar network engineering certifications (CCENT, CCT, CCDA, CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCDE, CCIE, etc.).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) networking.
- Familiarity with NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, and other relevant USG IT security standards.