GEOST is a small business founded in 2004 and located on the northwest side of Tucson, AZ. We specialize in optical payloads and ground systems for missile warning, space domain awareness and protection, and ISR. We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing organization. This role will aid the overall GEOST team with improving and standardizing Cloud environments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support current AWS development and test environments, collaborating with project and customer team members, while spearheading improved solutions toward benefits in reuse and operational efficiencies. Maintain synergy with Security and IT for compliance alignment.
- Provide inputs into the future direction of enterprise architecture for programs.
- Participate in Agile sprints and associated activities.
- Support engagements related to assessing, refactoring, and identifying opportunities for existing applications that take advantage of modern application architectures (microservices, containers, etc.).
- Determine requirements for load balancers and/or auto-scaling infrastructure.
- Automate application deployment into varied and complex environments using virtual machines, container technologies, Kubernetes, Cloud environments, and bare metal servers.
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate.
- Experience in supporting DevOps tool chain and pipeline environments. Tools include, but are not limited to, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, SonarQube, and Artifactory.
- Experience working with Container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
- Proficiency in Linux system administration.
- Ability to design, enable, and deliver scalable and automated strategies through Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, such as Ansible and Terraform.
- 4-8+ years of hands-on experience with architecting solutions in AWS.
- Experience managing cloud network resources (AWS Preferred) such as VPC, URL proxies, private link, DNS, ACLs, firewalls, and C2S access points.
- Experience in key AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, CloudWatch, and S3).
- Scripting and/or coding skills (Java, Python, Terraform, Bash, etc.).
- Excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills.
- CompTIA Security+ certification (or within 3 months of hire).
- An active US Government Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a Clearance. Current SSBI is preferred; please note if applicable.
- Experience with on-premises to cloud migrations or IT transformations.
- Experience in database administration (MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Experience in AWS ElastiCache for Redis.
- Expertise in the Git version control system.
- Familiarity with Information Security frameworks/standards (CIS, NIST, RFC2196, etc.).
- Experience implementing and supporting AWS service.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional.