GEOST is a small business founded in 2004 and located on the northwest side of Tucson, AZ. We are seeking Senior Enterprise Software Engineers ready to create systems that go far beyond serving data from database backends to developing web interfaces. Our solutions demand complex software that will continually challenge you to apply existing skills and develop new ones. GEOST projects will develop and hone your experience working with high throughput applications and algorithmic processing. The agile environment ensures you end each day with a sense of accomplishment and positive collaboration.
Come join a team that is solving truly challenging problems with software. GEOST’s blended team of innovators includes top scientists and engineers creating cutting-edge solutions to tomorrow’s problems. Our work focuses on the sweet spot between R&D and customer-serving solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with customers and provide direction to the software design team according to software specifications.
- Create and implement design goals and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain software for enterprise platforms.
- Coordinate with Systems Engineering and Science teams to understand interface requirements and algorithms.
- Implement and test the system and interpret error reports.
- Maintain and drive continued software product quality and expandability.
- Create and maintain documentation and software application metrics.
- Establish and direct software tasking priorities for project development team.
- 8+ years of experience on professional software development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/computer engineering with an engineering/math focus or other equivalent field of discipline.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles and software modeling.
- Expertise with one or more object-oriented languages (e.g., C++ , C#, Java).
- Expertise with one or more scripting languages (e.g., Python).
- Working knowledge of the Linux Operating System and Linux development.
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as git and best practices.
- Experience with SQL databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, SQLite).
- Knowledge and understanding of standard communications protocols and their implementation
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project and project management techniques.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Agile leadership role as a product owner and/or scrum master
- Proficient in all aspects of the software development life cycle, including within the agile framework.
- An active US Government TS/SCI Security Clearance (current SSBI) or the ability to obtain clearance.
- CompTIA Security+ certification (or equivalent).
- Applicable knowledge and skills related to Earned Value Management Systems.
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with image processing algorithms.
- Familiarity with containerized deployment and orchestration (Docker, Podman, Kubernetes).
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework and software cybersecurity assurance standards.