GEOST is a small business founded in 2004 and located on the northwest side of Tucson, AZ. We are seeking Enterprise Software Engineers ready to create systems that go far beyond serving data from database backends to developing web interfaces. Our solutions demand complex software that will continually challenge you to apply existing skills and develop new ones. GEOST projects will develop and hone your experience working with high throughput applications and algorithmic processing. The agile environment ensures you end each day with a sense of accomplishment and positive collaboration.
Come join a team that is solving truly challenging problems with software. GEOST’s blended team of innovators includes top scientists and engineers creating cutting-edge solutions to tomorrow’s problems. Our work focuses on the sweet spot between R&D and customer-serving solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate as a member of a software development team and actively contribute to the design, development, and success of the product.
- Participate as a member of the agile development team and adhere to goals and timelines.
- Develop, design, and maintain software for enterprise platforms and programs.
- Work with Systems Engineering and Science teams to understand interface requirements and algorithms
- Develop, implement/integrate, and test the software system.
- Create and update software documentation.
- 3-8 years of experience of professional software development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/computer engineering with an engineering/math focus or other equivalent field of discipline.
- Experience with one or more object-oriented languages (E.g., C++ , C#).
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (E.g., Python).
- Working knowledge of Linux Operating System and Linux development
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as git.
- Experience with SQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, SQLite).
- Knowledge of standard communications protocols and implementation
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient contributor in the entire software development life cycle.
- An active US Government TS/SCI Security Clearance (current SSBI) or the ability to obtain clearance.
- CompTIA Security+ certification (or equivalent).
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with image processing algorithms.
- Familiarity with containerized deployment and orchestration (Docker, Podman, Kubernetes).
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework and software cybersecurity assurance standards.