GEOST is a small business founded in 2004 and located on the northwest side of Tucson, AZ. We are seeking a skilled Senior Embedded Software Engineer to work with our blended team of innovators that includes top scientists and engineers creating cutting-edge solutions to tomorrow’s problems. Our work focuses on the sweet spot between R&D and customer-serving solutions in the realm of terrestrial and space-based optical systems.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer at GEOST will be responsible for leading and managing a software development team. A candidate for this position should have extensive experience coding in C/C++, and have excellent knowledge of embedded coding techniques. They should establish guidelines, review code, present status to the customer and lead the team through the program’s development cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with clients and the software design team to determine software specifications.
- Create design goals and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain software for embedded platforms.
- Work with the hardware design team on requirements and parts selection.
- Implement and test the embedded system and interpret error reports.
- Maintain software programs.
- Document software application values.
- 8+ years of experience on software development projects.
- 3+ years of experience as Product Owner or other equivalent leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/computer engineering with an engineering/math focus or other equivalent field of discipline.
- Experience with the complete life-cycle of an embedded software system.
- Experience with C/C++ and Python.
- Knowledge of hardware interfaces, timing diagrams and communications protocols.
- Good communication skills and the ability to project manage.
- Knowledge of realtime operating systems (RTOS) such as VxWorks, RTEMS, FreeRTOS, and ThreadX.
- FPGA development.
- CUDA or other GPU development.
- An active US Government Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a Clearance. Current SSBI is preferred; please note if applicable.