GEOST seeks an enthusiastic and capable Accountant with job costing and general ledger knowledge to join its growing team. A successful candidate must have at least 2 years of accounting experience.
GEOST was founded in 2004 and is located on the northwest side of Tucson, AZ. GEOST specializes in active and passive optical remote-sensing, and provides expertise in all phases of project development for electro-optics and sensors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including accounts payable and payroll functions.
- Ensure accounts payable invoices are accurate, properly coded, and authorized for payment.
- Process disbursements to vendors; respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Manage and reconcile time keeping system to payroll and subsidiary job costing schedules.
- Process payroll and oversee payroll transactions including calculations, deductions, and withholdings.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Prepare standard monthly journal entries.
- Perform general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare sales and use tax returns.
- Complete credit card transaction entries and reconciliation.
- Work efficiently, managing time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with project management and team members across disciplines.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience.
- Experience in a job costing accounting environment.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint.
- Experience with government contract accounting requirements (FAR/DFARS).
- Thorough, organized, and attentive to details.
- A team player incorporating a team-based success philosophy.
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and sound problem-solving skills.