GEOST seeks an enthusiastic and highly capable Space Business Area Manager to successfully lead the company’s space business portfolio. An ideal candidate will possess extensive experience within the space and defense industry that they will use to manage profitable programs and product lines. They must have strong leadership, decision-making skills, and business acumen as well as a passion and aptitude for the GEOST vision and capabilities. The individual will be an excellent communicator and have experience growing profitable business lines.
GEOST is a rapidly growing business headquartered in Tucson, AZ, with east coast operations out of Reston, VA. GEOST specializes in optical payloads and ground systems for missile warning, space domain awareness and protection, and ISR.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report to the Vice President and General Manager.
- Work in a nontraditional and rapidly growing defense contractor environment.
- Collaborate with company leadership to establish space portfolio growth strategies.
- Build and update two-year and five-year growth plans quarterly.
- Establish and pursue the creation of major product lines within the portfolio.
- Identify key programs within the portfolio, communicating the tactical and strategic value of each to company leadership.
- Review and manage the P&L components (major sources of revenue [with key programs] and major cost areas).
- Lead focused IRAD discussions and ROI updates.
- Identify portfolio investment needs for success (i.e. facilities, key hires and existing personnel, technologies, infrastructure, etc.).
- Establish and meet or exceed quarterly and annual portfolio business growth goals.
- Build and guide the strategy and positioning of the productions and areas of expertise within GEOST.
- Develop and implement actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term corporate objectives.
- Prioritize and communicate Business Development needs for rapid and sustained growth.
- Lead the execution of portfolio strategy and pursuit, negotiating final deals as required.
- Manage and monitor Program Managers of programs under the BAM’s oversight, including the support of regular cost, schedule, and technical reviews of the program to ensure GEOST’s standards for customer satisfaction.
- Oversee performance and delivery at program level for GEOST products to ensure both customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Propose and manage IRAD aligned with portfolio strategy execution.
- Identify gaps in resources, processes, and people in the execution of the portfolio business area and work with other company leaders to fill those gaps.
- Organize and cultivate key technical and management talent within the portfolio business area.
- Present in regular leadership and management meetings on the status of the business area, discussing profitability, key cost areas, and improvement initiatives.
- Manage and ensure financial profit, loss, and ROI of business area.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with key customers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Ensure leadership decisions promote a highly inclusive and supportive family culture.
- Ability to operate in a team environment.
- An active USG Security Clearance – current SSBI.
- Master’s degree in engineering, business administration, or a related field.
- Seven or more years of experience in leadership positions.
- Track record of managing complex budgets successfully.
- Excellent skills in the areas of communication, presentation, and analysis.
- Understanding of advanced business planning, development, and regulatory practices.
- History of successfully leading business operations.
- Experience with the management of government contracts.
- Proven understanding of data analysis and financial metrics.
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
- Experienced in delegating responsibilities to ensure staff members develop and grow as leaders.
- Department of Defense (DoD) procurement experience and knowledge of FAR and DFAR.
- Experience with government contract accounting requirements (CAS/FAR/DFARS).
- Substantial experience in the Space community.