GEOST seeks an enthusiastic and highly capable Quality Engineer to join our growing organization. This role will aid the GEOST Quality Team with supporting process improvements and ensuring quality standards are maintained. GEOST is a rapidly growing business headquartered in Tucson, AZ, with east coast operations out of Herndon, VA. GEOST specializes in optical payloads and ground systems for missile warning, space domain awareness and protection, and ISR.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop inspection methods to analyze product quality.
- Ensure products adhere to company and industry standards.
- Investigate product and process issues and create solutions to solve identified problems.
- Perform training to staff on workmanship and quality standards/procedures.
- Schedule MRB/FRB meetings and complete NCRs and Corrective Action Reports.
- Coordinate and document calibration activities.
- Perform activities linked to maintaining compliance with ESD and FOD.
- Continuoulsy improve processes and workflows for optimal efficiency and quality.
- Perform inspections and provide technical support for all inspection processes.
- Document results and findings after inspections are carried out.
- Participate in Quality Audits as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, with at least three years of experience working in Quality Assurance functions, including problem-solving, process improvement, and using inspection and test equipment.
- Well-versed in Quality Management Systems (AS9100 experience is preferred).
- Strong experience in ESD, FOD management, Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), Non-Conforming Materials, and Material Review Board Management (MRB/FRB).
- Prior experience with Inspection & Test, metrology, and calibration controls.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings (GD&T).
- Excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough, organized, and attentive to details.
- Ability to work with suppliers and staff across all areas of the organization.
- ASQ Quality Technician or Quality Engineer certification is preferred.
- Active U.S. Government Clearance or the ability to obtain a Clearance. Current SSBI is preferred.