GEOST is a small business founded in 2004 and located on the northwest side of Tucson, AZ. We are seeking a skilled Embedded Software Engineer to work with our blended team of innovators that includes top scientists and engineers creating cutting-edge solutions to tomorrow’s problems. Our work focuses on the sweet spot between R&D and customer-serving solutions in the realm of terrestrial and space-based optical systems.
The Embedded Software Engineer at GEOST will be responsible for executing complete embedded software life-cycles for company and client hardware. A candidate for this position should have extensive experience coding in C and C++, and have excellent knowledge of embedded coding techniques. The Embedded Software Engineer should be able to develop scalable software systems that are perfectly optimized for the embedded device.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients and the software design team to determine software specifications.
- Create design goals and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain software for embedded platforms.
- Work with the hardware design team on requirements and parts selection.
- Implement and test the embedded system and interpret error reports.
- Fix bugs and optimize the system to meet performance requirements
- Maintain software programs.
- Document software application values.
- 3-10+ years of experience on professional software development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/computer engineering with an engineering/math focus or other equivalent field of discipline.
- Experience with the complete life-cycle of an embedded software system.
- Sound knowledge of C, C++ and assembly.
- Working knowledge of Linux and version control systems such as git.
- Knowledge of embedded Linux tools such as busybox, Buildroot and Yocto.
- Knowledge of realtime operating systems (RTOS) such as VxWorks, RTEMS, FreeRTOS and ThreadX.
- Knowledge of hardware interfaces, timing diagrams and communications protocols.
- Good communication skills and the ability to project manage.
- High-level writing and documentation skills.
- An active US Government Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a Clearance. Current SSBI is preferred; please note if applicable.